Coronavirus Safety Information
Please help spread this safety information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
First of all, it is a time to practice good sense and to stay calm and alert to government messages., without panic. Coronavirus (COVID-19) has taken the world by storm and surprise, as it is a new problem. However we in Sri Lanka are lucky as we can learn from other countries on how they were able to contain, and what worked and what didn’t. So we have summarized below World Health Organisation’s and the government’s important messages on what works to contain this problem. This is something that we all can do, to protect ourselves and others especially our elders, whose immunity is lower, and to help not overwhelm our health system, which is absolutely necessary to get us through this.
These are the important messages:
1. Hand Hygiene: Wash hands with soap and water frequently. Any virus you may have come into contact with from surfaces you touch day to day can be washed away with plain soap and water. Soap your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds and the wash off with water. You can use an alcohol base hand rub to clean your hands if soap and water is not available.
2. Don’t touch your face: any contamination in your hands can only infect you if it gets to your mouth, nose or eyes. So whenever you are outside anywhere and when your hands have touched other surfaces, avoid touching your face until you are able to clean your hands fully.
3. If you have a cold or cough or runny nose, cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or handkerchief and don’t leave them lying around. Dispose of them in a closed dustbin or put your handkerchief back in your pocket until it is washed.
4. Ensure cleanliness and hygiene of workplace and work spaces: pay attention to regular disinfection of work table, telephones, computers, with a regular disinfecting solution. Keep sanitizing hand rubs at prominent places to help hand hygiene. Communicate hand hygiene and put posters to remind work colleagues on hand hygiene.
5. Social distancing; this means that we avoid unnecessary contact at this present moment. Avoid handshaking and hugging and kissing as greeting others. Keep a distance of about 1 meter while outside, or in queues and between each other. Avoid visiting people and unnecessary contact. Avoid foreign visitors for now. Avoid nonessential foreign travel.
Further at Healthy Life Clinic, we are complying with all these measures and keeping patients and visitors safe. At present we are open, but we encourage you to call us prior to visiting in case the situation changes.
You can also consider consulting our doctors on ODOC and MyDoctor.lk, via telemedicine if you prefer not to come in.
In case you develop Fever or cough, which are the first signs of COVID 19, please call your doctor or call us before coming to the clinic so that we can guide you.
If you suspect that you have come in contact with someone with COVID 19 or you have traveled abroad to any countries in the last 14 days, please self quarantine yourself at home. Please call your doctor or us if you have any questions.
Please stay safe and relaxed. Stay alert to further information. Up to date information can be gathered from the following portals:
Please visit our website, www.healthylife.lk, frequently for more information on the Coronavirus, or call us on 0773 511 511, 0114 700 700 or 0777 354 744.